Child Safeguarding Statement
NAME OF SERVICE AND ACTIVITIES PROVIDED
Anyone 4 Science Ltd. is an educational organisation providing hands-on science, engineering and maths activities for children and adults
The management structure is:
Christine Campbell is the Managing Director.
All employees report to the Managing director.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARD CHILDREN FROM HARM
- Anyone 4 Science Ltd. is committed to safeguarding the children in our care and to providing a safe environment.
- Anyone 4 Science believes that the welfare of the children attending our service is paramount. We are committed to child-centred practice in all our work with children.
- We are committed to upholding the rights of every child and young person who attends our service, including the rights to be kept safe and protected from harm, listened to, and heard.
- Our policy and procedures to safeguard children and young people reflect national policy and legislation and are underpinned by Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017, the Tusla Children First – Child Safeguarding Guide 2017, and the Children First Act 2015.
- Our policy declaration applies to all paid staff, volunteers, board members and students on work placement within our organisation. All board members, staff, volunteers and students must sign up to and abide by the policies, procedures and guidance encompassed by this policy declaration and our child safeguarding policy and accompanying procedures.
- We will review our child safeguarding statement and accompanying child safeguarding policies and procedures every 2 years or sooner if necessary, due to service issues or changes in legislation or national policy.
- Designated Liaison Person for Child Protection
DLP: Christine Campbell
Phone 087 6749608
Deputy: Alison Robertson
In accordance with the Children First Act 2015, the Board of Management/Service Provider has carried out an assessment of any potential for harm to a child while attending the service or participating in service activities. A written assessment setting out the areas of risk identified and the service procedures for managing those risks is summarised below:
Policies and/or Procedures in place to manage Risk
Bullying by other children
Anti Bullying Policy
Bullying or other abuse by a teacher
Garda Vetting Policy
Staff are trained in best practices in working with children.
Policy for Dealing with Allegations of Abuse or Neglect Against Employees
Disclosure of abuse
Child Protection and Welfare Reporting Procedures
CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
As required by the Children First Act, 2015, Children First National Guidance for Protection and Welfare of Children 2017 and the Guidance for Developing for a Child Safeguarding statement for Early Years Services 2018 the following safeguarding policies/procedures/measures are in place
- Procedures to maintain a list of mandated persons under the Children First Act, 2015
- A Relevant Person has been appointed
- A Designated Liaison Person and Deputy have been appointed
- Child Protection and Welfare Reporting Procedures
- Confidentiality Policy
- Policy for Dealing with Allegations of Abuse or Neglect Against Employees
- Procedure for Managing Child Protection Records
- Recruitment Policy
- Garda Vetting Policy
- Code of Behaviour for Working with Children
- Induction Policy (which includes procedures to inform new staff about the Child Safeguarding Statement and accompanying safeguarding policies and procedures)
- All staff have completed the Tusla eLearning module – Introduction to Children First
- Staff have access to regular Supervision and Support in line with the service policy.
- Complaints Policy
- Policy for Managing Accidents and Incidents
- Anti Bullying Policy
IMPLEMENTATION AND REVIEW
We recognise that implementation is an ongoing process. Anyone 4 Science is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the accompanying child safeguarding policies and procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm while availing of our service.
This Statement will be reviewed every 2 years or as soon as practicable after there has been a material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
This statement has been published on the service website and is displayed in the service. It has been provided to all staff, volunteers and any other persons involved with the service. It is readily accessible to parents and guardians on request. A copy of this Statement will be made available to Tusla if requested.
Signed: Christine Campbell Date: 31st March 2022
Anyone 4 Science Ltd.,
For further information on this Statement, contact Relevant Person: Christine Campbell email@example.com