Zoom Live Camps – How does it work?
Zoom is a video-conferencing suite that allows the camp leader to see and chat with the camp participants. Children can see the camp leader and follow the science activity.
Our Zoom camps are limited to 12 participants and must be booked in advance.
You will be supplied with a kit of materials by post in advance of the camp. A list of other items needed from your kitchen will be emailed to you in advance.
Junior Zoom camps: For children aged 7 – 12 years. Some children will need parental help/supervision for some of the activities.
Security guidelines will be followed: Photos/recording will not be permitted and participants will wait to be permitted to join the class. Camp leader will instruct participants on online classroom rules before the workshop begins.
In Venue Camps
In Venue camps – Covid19 response plan
Anyone 4 Science will follow all guidelines advised by NPHET and published by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) and the HSE on gov.ie at time of camp.
Any child, parent or camp leader staff member who is displaying symptoms of Covid-19 prior to camp or outside of camp hours should not attend Anyone 4 Science summer camp.
- All camp leaders have been trained on how to work safely with new and continued work practises and hygiene.
- Leaders have been trained on measures to reduce the risk of Covid19 infection.
- All camp leaders have read and signed the return to work policy document at https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/22829a-return-to-work-safely-protocol/
- Every camp has been designated a leader to act as the Covid officer. The Covid19 officer will ensure all necessary hygiene and other guidelines are adhered to in relation to Covid-19.
- Camp leaders have been instructed not to attend work if they are unwell, and report to management any development of symptoms.
What do parents need to know before camp?
- For Covid19 contact tracing, all the contact details of parents are recorded when online bookings are taken.
- Parents will be given a “Fit for Camp” symptom checker questionnaire prior to camp and asked to return it within 48 hours of the start of camp.
- Drop-off and collection of children for camp will be carried out in a contactless format. Parents/guardians are not permitted to enter the camp venue at drop-off or pick-up.
- Parents are not permitted to enter the camp unannounced at any time during the camp day. If they must return to the camp venue during the day, they must first phone our office to arrange this.
- For collection children will be brought to a pre-agreed collection point after camp.
- Parents will be requested to provide hygiene products including hand sanitizer for their own child’s personal use.
- Parents will be asked to ensure all personal belongings are labelled with their child’s name, including safety glasses, water bottles, lunch boxes and bags. Children should not bring toys or other personal items to camp.
What will be different at Anyone 4 Science camps this year?
Camps will be operated according to government guidelines as follows:
- All camps will be held outside at all times.
- Camps will be shortened to 2.5 hours instead of the usual 4 hours.
- The number of children allowed at camp has been reduced. Children will be allocated to their pod group and leader.
- Camp leaders will wear masks at all times.
- Children will be provided with their own pack of camp materials to avoid sharing.
- Children will eat and play at lunch time within their own camp pod.
- All workspaces and surfaces will be cleaned with disinfectant before, during and after the camp.
- First aid kits will be available and stocked with face masks.
- Children will be supervised on toilet breaks to ensure that proper hand hygiene is being followed.
- Toilets and other hot spots such as door handles will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Children will be instructed on cough/sneeze etiquette.
What if someone at camp develops symptoms of Covid19?
- Any leader displaying symptoms of Covid19 will be instructed to immediately leave the camp, go home, contact their GP for guidance.
- Children showing symptoms will be removed from the camp room to a safe designated place outside or side room with a leader and parents informed to collect the child.
- Anyone 4 Science will complete an incident report and comply with any HSE contact tracing requests.
What will be the same at Anyone 4 Science camps this year?
At Anyone 4 Science we aim to provide your children with fun, educational and thought-provoking activities for the week. We also aim to ensure that the children will be able to socialise as safely as possible and make friends with like-minded children during their week at camp.
We are looking forward to welcoming your children back to camp at Anyone 4 Science.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time.