Zoom Live Activity – How does it work?
Zoom is a video-conferencing suite that allows the Activity Leader to see and chat with the participants. Children can see the Activity Leader and follow the science activity.
Our Zoom Activities are limited to 10 participants and must be booked in advance.
You will be supplied with a kit of materials by post in advance of the Activity. A list of other items needed from your kitchen will be emailed to you in advance.
Science Club: For children aged 7 – 12 years. Some children will need parental help/supervision for some of the workshops.
We will stream one workshop per week (repeated each day), at either 4pm/5pm over the course of a 7 week term, providing a variety of science activities.
Security guidelines will be followed: Photos/recording will not be permitted and participants will wait to be permitted to join the class. Activity leader will instruct participants on online rules before the workshop begins.
In Venue clubs – Covid19 response plan
Anyone 4 Science will follow all current guidelines advised by NPHET and published by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) and the HSE on gov.ie.
Any child, parent or club leader staff member who is displaying symptoms of Covid-19 prior to club or outside of club hours should not attend Anyone 4 Science Activity.
How are we preparing for return to science activity?
- All activity leaders have been trained on how to work safely with new and continued work practises and hygiene.
- Leaders have been trained on measures to reduce the risk of Covid19 infection.
- All activity leaders have read and signed the return to work policy document at https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/22829a-return-to-work-safely-protocol/
- Every activity has been designated a leader to act as the Covid officer. The Covid19 officer will ensure all necessary hygiene and other guidelines are adhered to in relation to Covid-19.
What do parents need to know before club?
- For Covid19 contact tracing, all the contact details of parents are recorded when online bookings are taken.
- Parents will be given a symptom checker questionnaire on the first day of activity and asked to return it.
- Drop-off and collection of children for activity will be carried out in a contactless format. Parents/guardians are not permitted to enter the activity venue at drop-off or pick-up. Parents are not permitted to enter the activity unannounced at any time during the class. If they must return to the activity venue during the class, they must first phone our office to arrange this. For collection children will be brought outside after venue.
- Parents will be requested to provide hygiene products including hand sanitizer for their own child’s personal use.
- Parents will be asked to ensure all personal belongings are labelled with their child’s name, including safety glasses, water bottles, lunch boxes and bags. Children should not bring toys or other personal items to venue.
What will be different at Science Activities this Term?
Activities will be operated according to government guidelines as follows:
- The number of children allowed at activity has been reduced in line with govt guidelines. Inside the activity room children will be allocated to their pod group and leader. Children will be seated, with 1m distancing, within their activity pods of up to 8 children and remain within this pod with their own leader for the duration of each class. According to government guidelines children will be expected to remain 1m socially distanced from each other or their activity leader.
- Children or activity leaders will be expected to follow government guidelines with respect to mask and other PPE.
- Children will be provided with their own pack of activity materials to avoid sharing.
- Children will be discouraged from having a snack at the start of the activity.
- All workspaces and surfaces will be cleaned with disinfectant before, during and after the activity.
- First aid kits will be available and stocked with face masks.
- Children will be supervised on toilet breaks to ensure that proper hand hygiene is being followed.
- Toilets and other hot spots such as door handles will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Children will be instructed on cough/sneeze etiquette.
What if someone at activity develops symptoms of Covid19?
- Any leader displaying symptoms of Covid19 will be given a mask and instructed to immediately leave the activity venue, go home, contact their GP for guidance.
- Children showing symptoms will be removed from the activity room to a safe designated place outside or side room with a leader and parents informed to collect the child.
- Anyone 4 Science will complete an incident report and comply with any HSE contact tracing requests.
What will be the same at Science Activities this term?
At Anyone 4 Science we understand that this is a difficult time for parents and children alike. We hope that by running our science clubs this autumn it will help us all assume some sort of normality and give your children a well-deserved and timely escape from lockdown. With your help and cooperation we will ensure that the Science Activity is run within government guidelines so that we all stay healthy.
At the same time we wish to ensure that our Science Activities will provide your children with fun, educational and thought-provoking activities for the week. We also aim to ensure that the children will be able to socialise as safely as possible and make friends with like-minded children over the course of this term.
We are looking forward to welcoming your children back to Autumn Term Afterschool Club at Anyone 4 Science.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time.